Monday, November 26, 2007

I've had a cold.

Remiss, remiss is what I have been. Remiss is as good as a mile.Yes, dear Blog, I haven't written in a while because I am in the grip of the grippe as we used to call it, or as we say today, I've had a cold.

It hit me last week, just before Thanksgiving. Every bone in my body and a few I've lost along the way ached. Oy. Then my throat constricted and I had more phlegm than the goyim have saints. Only now, am I getting better and only just a little. And I'll tell you something,the weather we've been having helps not a bit. One day hot, one day freezing, then hot, then cold, like the dining plan at a bad Catskill's resort. Today with the rain, I am staying inside.

Sylvie worries and thinks maybe it's time we move to Florida. But then you're surrounded by old people waiting for to die. Not for me. Here in the city, I can go for a walk, talk to people and buy a piece of fruit. It's just a cold, I tell her, not an indictment of deciduous climes. Oy, how she worries. Besides, with Florida, you have two things. Republicans and hurricanes. I don't know which is more dangerous but at least the weather channel warns you when hurricanes are coming and you know in a week they'll be gone. Not so with Republicansches. No, in New York I am staying and Sylvie, if you want Florida so much, take a little of what we've put away and buy yourself a condo. Fehlorida.

No comments: